[openstack-dev] [Fuel-dev] [OSTF][Ceilometer] ceilometer meters and samples delete

Nadya Privalova nprivalova at mirantis.com
Fri Jan 17 12:08:17 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

I would ask in another way.
Ceilometer has a mechanism to add a sample through POST. So it looks not
consistent not to allow user to delete a sample.
IMHO, insertion and deletion through REST looks a little bit hacky: user
always has an ability to fake data collected from OpenStack services. But
maybe I don't see any valuable usecases.
Anyway, it seems reasonable to have both add_sample and delete_sample in
API or not to have neither.

Thanks,
Nadya