[openstack-dev] [Neutron] auto configration of local_ip

Isaku Yamahata isaku.yamahata at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 13:52:43 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:53:11PM +1300,
Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:

> On 16 January 2014 22:51, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
>
> > I don't think 1 is a special case of 3 - interface based connections
> > are dependent on physical wiring,
> >
> > How about 4. Send a few packets with a nonce in them to any of the
> > already meshed nodes, and those nodes can report what ip they
> > originated from.
>
> Oh, and 5: do an 'ip route get <ip of existing mesh node>' which will
> give you output like:
> Press ENTER or type command to continue
> 192.168.3.1 via 192.168.1.1 dev wlan0  src 192.168.1.17
>     cache

6: run a command which is specified in the config file.
   use its output.

Then arbitrary logic can be used by writing shell script or whatever
without modifying neutron.
Some samples which implement option 1-5 can be put in the repo.

thanks,
Isaku Yamahata

Isaku Yamahata <isaku.yamahata at gmail.com>