[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer][Nova] basic setting for notification_driver

ZhiQiang Fan aji.zqfan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 18:32:32 UTC 2014

Hi,

When read Ceilometer install guide[1], the multi valued option
notification_driver is set to two drivers, My question is that is the first
one, which means nova.openstack.common.notifier.rpc_notifier, necessary?
what will happen if it is removed?

Note, it is not configured even in Nova installation, but is set in
Ceilometer compute agent configuration part.

I already read the link of SystemUsageData[2], NotificationSystem[3], but
still get no idea.

Please help, thanks

[1]
http://docs.openstack.org/havana/install-guide/install/apt/content/ceilometer-install-nova.html<http://docs.openstack.org/havana/install-guide/install/apt/content/ceilometer-install-nova.html>