[openstack-dev] [gantt] Sync up patches

Dugger, Donald D donald.d.dugger at intel.com
Wed Jan 15 16:52:47 UTC 2014

The current thought is that I will do the work to backport any change that are made to the nova tree that overlap the gantt tree.  I don't see this as an impossible task.  Yes it will get harder as we make specific changes to gantt but, given that our first goal is to make gantt a drop in replacement for the nova scheduler there shouldn't be that many gantt specific changes that would make backporting difficult so I think this is a doable path.

For the ordering, the unit tests and working functionality are indeed effectively the same, highest priority, I don't have an issue with getting the unit tests working first.

As far as trimming is concerned I would still prefer to do that later, after we have working functionality.  Since trimable files won't have gantt specific changes keeping them in sync with the nova tree is easy.  Until we have working functionality we won't really know that a file is not needed (I am constantly surprised by code that doesn't do what I expect) and deleting a file after we are sure it's not needed is easy.

--
Don Dugger