[openstack-dev] [Openstack][Nova][Docker] Devstack with docker driver

Eric Windisch ewindisch at docker.com
Wed Jan 15 16:23:58 UTC 2014

> @Eric, At the same time, I had to update
> /home/dstack/devstack/lib/nova_plugins/hypervisor-docker to include sudo
> for all docker commands. I think that could be one change we would need in
> docker and a documentation update for not using 127.0.0.1. I will create a
> bug and will submit a patch with the changes. Do you agree with this?

You can alternatively add the 'stack' user to the 'docker' group, this is
preferable to using sudo. I agree a bug report should be filed, if it isn't
there already.

I'm thinking that the docker driver can simply warn or exit if HOST_IP is
set to 127.0.0.1 as the error that is received currently is certainty not
obvious enough.

--
Regards,
Eric Windisch