[openstack-dev] [oslo] dependency analysis for graduating more oslo libraries

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Wed Jan 15 14:15:29 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 6:00 PM, Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Ben Nemec <openstack at nemebean.com> wrote:
>
> > It would be nice to get lockutils graduated to solve some of the issues
> > mentioned in the oslo.db section, but I believe we do have an outstanding
> > question regarding its behavior without lock_path being set.  I think
> Clint
> > was on board with Sean's proposed solution after quite a bit of
> discussion
> > (
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-December/021620.html
> ),
> > so it's possible we could just restore that patch and call it done, but
> it
> > should probably be addressed somehow before graduation.
>
> I committed a while ago (at the last summit IIRC) to working on
> getting lockutils released as a library, but I haven't managed to get
> that done yet. If it is blocking other people I can prioritise that
> work to being higher on my todo list.
>
> Part of the problem here is that its my first oslo graduation, so I
> need to figure out what to do...

Another item on my list for soon-ish is to create a todo list that we can
use for graduation blueprints, and some more detailed directions. Thierry
started with some info about setting up the devstack-gate integration under
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Oslo#Graduation but that's only one piece.

Doug