[openstack-dev] [nova] [rfc] drop XML from v3 API entirely

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Jan 15 13:53:25 UTC 2014

On 01/15/2014 08:44 AM, Tim Bell wrote:
> Is the impact of dropping XML understood for the users of the OpenStack APIs ?

That was the rationale for the openstack@ thread on this as well.

I believe the impact on users will be more reliable Nova API for users.
It will also mean a more clear surface for SDK implementers, which will
mean better SDKs for OpenStack (because if someone wrote and SDK against
the XML API today it would not work as well as against the JSON API).
This is all about a more solid OpenStack for users.

It is also part of the reason to introduce this change with a major
version bump, so there would be a clear indication that this was now
different.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague