[openstack-dev] Meeting time congestion

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Jan 15 10:28:41 UTC 2014

Sergey Lukjanov wrote:
> I think that in case of adding additional meeting rooms, we'll need to
> avoid disparity between them in names. For example, currently we have a
> lot of folks in #os-meeting and not so many in #os-meeting-alt, if we'll
> have #os-meeting-alt-2 then we'll have even less folks there and it'll
> be the same like making meeting in project channel.
>
> So, probably it'll be better to have meeting rooms named
> #openstack-meeting-1(or -a?) and etc. and round robin meetings between
> this channels.

The trick is... renaming channels is hard, especially when 300 people
lurk in one and have their setups pointing to them. I'm not sure the
value of averaging lurking across meeting rooms outweighs the
inconvenience renaming creates for existing users.

There are already conflicts as people pick times that appear to be free
but are actually used every other week... so a third room is definitely
wanted. We can go and create #openstack-meeting3 (other suggestions
welcome) and then discuss a consistent naming scheme and/or if renaming
is such a good idea.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)