[openstack-dev] [oslo] dependency analysis for graduating more oslo libraries

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Jan 14 23:00:00 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Ben Nemec <openstack at nemebean.com> wrote:

> It would be nice to get lockutils graduated to solve some of the issues
> mentioned in the oslo.db section, but I believe we do have an outstanding
> question regarding its behavior without lock_path being set.  I think Clint
> was on board with Sean's proposed solution after quite a bit of discussion
> (http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-December/021620.html),
> so it's possible we could just restore that patch and call it done, but it
> should probably be addressed somehow before graduation.

I committed a while ago (at the last summit IIRC) to working on
getting lockutils released as a library, but I haven't managed to get
that done yet. If it is blocking other people I can prioritise that
work to being higher on my todo list.

Part of the problem here is that its my first oslo graduation, so I
need to figure out what to do...

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia