[openstack-dev] [Oslo] Improving oslo-incubator update.py

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Mon Jan 13 20:41:13 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 12:07 -0500, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> We can't just compute the hash of the modules in the project receiving
> copies, and then look for them in the oslo-incubator repo, because we
> modify the files as we copy them out (to update the import statements
> and replace "oslo" with the receiving project name in some places like
> config option defaults).

Why not embed the hash into the files as we copy them out, maybe as a
specially formatted comment at the end of the file?

That said, I've always thought that oslo-incubator should be a library
we use directly, rather than a repository we copy out of.
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>
Rackspace