[openstack-dev] [keystoneclient] old keystone-client package on pypi

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at bull.net
Mon Jan 13 13:17:06 UTC 2014

Le 13/01/2014 13:49, Thierry Carrez a écrit :
> Sylvain Bauza wrote:
>> Le 27/12/2013 10:24, Nikolay Starodubtsev a écrit :
>>> Hi all,
>>> Guys, I want to say that keystoneclient package on pypi is too old.
>>> For example it hadn't Client func in keystoneclient/client.py. May be
>>> someone can help me with this?
>> Speaking of python-keystoneclient, the latest release is 0.4.1, which is
>> indeed pretty old (Havana release timeframe).
>> Any chance to get a fresher release soon ? The only solution as of now
>> is pointing to the master eggfile, which is really bad...
> The solution is for the PTL to tag a new version, and then it will
> appear on PyPI.

Thanks Thierry, my question was indeed when a new tag would be delivered
(and consequently a package) ?

0.4.1 is 3 months old, and a lot of features have been implemented
meanwhile :
https://github.com/openstack/python-keystoneclient/compare/0.4.1...master

In particular, Climate would use the keystoneclient.client.Client class
for automatic discovery of the Keystone API, which is not part of the
latest release.

-Sylvain