[openstack-dev] [horizon] User registrations

James Nzomo kazikubwa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 19:38:58 UTC 2014

Hi

I've been thinking of ideas on how to fulfill this user self registration
requirement for our startup's "private beta".
So far, i'm of the opinion that storage of customer data (contacts,
physical address, billing info, etc) by commercial entities can be handled
by Keystone via extension(s), (
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/keystone/EXTENSIONS_HOWTO.html)

Such an extension could at least :-
-- implement API Extension to facilitate CRUD ops on customer data.
-- implement a backend to store customer data, say in an additional
cust-info table in keystone's db.
-- have a "customizable" customer model/schema to allow different OpenStack
IaaS providers to store whatever info they require on their clients (and
employees).
-- be capable of being disabled for those who do not need this extended
functionality e.g some private clouds.

There should be a corresponding client lib for this "extended API" that can
be used by:-
-- *a horizon django self-registration app, *
-- a billing system
-- a CRM system
-- (the list goes on & on)

*I'll avail a "proof of concept" for the above in a few days.  *"peer
review" and "scrutiny" will be very much appreciated.