[openstack-dev] [wsme] Undefined attributes in WSME

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Fri Jan 10 15:23:33 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Jamie Lennox <jamielennox at redhat.com>wrote:

> Is there any way to have WSME pass through arbitrary attributes to the
> created object? There is nothing that i can see in the documentation or
> code that would seem to support this.
>
> In keystone we have the situation where arbitrary data was able to be
> attached to our resources. For example there are a certain number of
> predefined attributes for a user including name, email but if you want to
> include an address you just add an 'address': 'value' to the resource
> creation and it will be saved and returned to you when you request the
> resource.
>
> Ignoring whether this is a good idea or not (it's done), is the option
> there that i missed - or is there any plans/way to support something like
> this?

There's a change in WSME trunk (I don't think we've released it yet) that
allows the schema for a type to be changed after the class is defined.
There isn't any facility for allowing the caller to pass arbitrary data,
though. Part of the point of WSME is to define the inputs and outputs of
the API for validation.

How are the arbitrary values being stored in keystone? What sorts of things
can be done with them? Can an API caller query them, for example?

Doug