[openstack-dev] [Neutron][3rd Party Testing]Remove voting until your testing structure works.

Sukhdev Kapur sukhdevkapur at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 20:32:58 UTC 2014

Hi Anita, et. all,

I understand if the -1 is being voted because of testing framework
failures, it is a real pain.

Assuming the framework is working fine, I have noticed that there could be
genuine failures because of devstack failing to fully stack up or the test
failures. In my specific case, I have observed that
test_network_basic_ops() have 70% success rate and devstack fails once in a
while as well - and these failures are not because of the patch being
reviewed.
Therefore, being sensitive to patch submitters, and not causing -1 votes, I
am not running basic ops test. However, I would eventually like to start
running this test. This means we will start to vote -1 once in while (or
lots of time - depending upon the test results).

My question is as long as a -1 vote is casted with logs of the results, is
it OK? - even if the failures are because of known bugs/issues?

regards..
-Sukhdev