[openstack-dev] [all] Organizing a Gate Blocking Bug Fix Day - Mon Jan 27th

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Jan 9 15:30:35 UTC 2014

Minor correction, we're going to do this on Jan 27th, to be after the i2
push, as I don't think there is time organize this prior.

It will also be a good way to start the i3 push by trying to get the
gate back in shape so that we can actually land what people need to land
for i3.

On 01/09/2014 07:46 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
> I think we are all agreed that the current state of Gate Resets isn't
> good. Unfortunately some basic functionality is really not working
> reliably, like being able to boot a guest to a point where you can ssh
> into it.
> These are common bugs, but they aren't easy ones. We've had a few folks
> digging deep on these, but we, as a community, are not keeping up with
> them.
> So I'd like to propose Gate Blocking Bug Fix day, to be Monday Jan 20th.
> On that day I'd ask all core reviewers (and anyone else) on all projects
> to set aside that day to *only* work on gate blocking bugs. We'd like to
> quiet the queues to not include any other changes that day so that only
> fixes related to gate blocking bugs would be in the system.
> This will have multiple goals:
>   #1 - fix some of the top issues
>   #2 - ensure we classify (ER fingerprint) and register everything we're
> seeing in the gate fails
>   #3 - ensure all gate bugs are triaged appropriately
> I'm hopefully that if we can get everyone looking at this one a single
> day, we can start to dislodge the log jam that exists.
> Specifically I'd like to get commitments from as many PTLs as possible
> that they'll both directly participate in the day, as well as encourage
> the rest of their project to do the same.
>      -Sean

Sean Dague
Samsung Research America
sean at dague.net / sean.dague at samsung.com