[openstack-dev] [OpenStack][HEAT][Dashboard] Edit JSON tempalte on OpenStack Dashboard

Jay Lau jay.lau.513 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 09:38:45 UTC 2014

Hi,

Now when using OpenStack dashboard to launch a stack, we need to first
import the template then create the stack, but there is no way to enable
admin to view/modify the template.

What about add a new page between import template and launch stack to give
admin an opportunity to edit the template?

I noticed that we already have a blueprint tracing this:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/heat-template-management

I did some investigation, seems we can leverage
http://jsoneditoronline.org/to enable OpenStack dashboard have this
ability (Only for JSON template).

Thanks,

Jay