[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Dynamic Meters in Ceilometer

Ildikó Váncsa ildiko.vancsa at ericsson.com
Wed Jan 8 17:46:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

(You didn't Cc the list, not sure if it was on purpose. I'm not adding it back to not break any confidentiality, but feel free to do so.)

Sorry that was just a mistake.

> > The point is to configure the data collection configuration for the
> > currently existing meters differently for tenants. It is not just
> > about enabling or disabling of meters. It could be used to change the
> > interval settings of meters, like tenantA would like to receive
> > cpu_util samples in every 10 seconds and tenantB would like to receive
> > cpu_util in every 1 minute, but network.incoming.bytes in every 20
> > seconds. As for disabling meters, for instance tenantA needs
> > disk.read.requests and disk.write.requests, while tenantB doesn't.
>
> Ok, so this is really about something the _operator_ wants to do, not users. I still don't think it belongs to an API, at least not specific to Ceilometer.

My idea was just about providing the possibility to configure the data collection in Ceilometer differently for the different tenants, I didn't mean to link it to an API or at least not on the first place. It could be done by the operator as well, for instance, if the polling frequency should be different in case of tenants.

Best Regards,
Ildiko