[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Installing from packages in tripleo-image-elements

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Tue Jan 7 21:11:13 UTC 2014

I was going to stay silent on this one, but since you asked...

/me puts his customer hat on

We source OpenStack from RDO for the packages and additional integration testing that comes from the project instead of using OpenStack directly. I was a little turned off from Triple-O when I saw it was source only. The feeling being that it is "too green" for our tastes. Which may be inaccurate. While I might be convinced to use source, its a much harder sell to us currently then using packages.

/me takes of his customer hat.

Thanks again for all the hard work on Triple-O. Its looking great, and I hope I get the chance to use it soon.

Thanks,
Kevin