[openstack-dev] olso.config error on running Devstack

Noorul Islam Kamal Malmiyoda noorul at noorul.com
Tue Jan 7 18:11:07 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 4:54 PM, Michael Kerrin <michael.kerrin at hp.com> wrote:
> I have been seeing this problem also.
>

> My problem is actually with oslo.sphinx. I ran sudo pip install -r
> test-requirements.txt in cinder so that I could run the tests there, which
> installed oslo.sphinx.
>

> Strange thing is that the oslo.sphinx installed a directory called oslo in
> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages with no __init__.py file. With this
> package installed like so I get the same error you get with oslo.config.
>

> I don't need oslo.sphinx so I just went and manually deleted the oslo
> directory and the oslo.sphinx* files in
> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages. Everything worked fine after that.
>

> Not sure what to do about this, but that is my story

In solum, we are trying to use devstack job for functional testing. We
are installing test packages [1] from test-requirements.txt, hence we
are also facing similar issue. See [2] and [3]

Regards,
Noorul

[1] http://logs.openstack.org/59/64059/8/check/gate-solum-devstack-dsvm/a7522b8/console.html#_2014-01-07_05_20_26_838
[2] http://logs.openstack.org/59/64059/8/check/gate-solum-devstack-dsvm/a7522b8/console.html#_2014-01-07_05_26_11_500