[openstack-dev] [nova] Change I005e752c: Whitelist external netaddr requirement, for bug 1266513, ineffective for me

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 7 02:33:10 UTC 2014

I am suffering from bug 1266513, when trying to work on nova.  For
example, on MacOS 10.8.5, I clone nova and then (following the
instructions at https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/DependsOnOSX) run `cd
nova; python tools/install_venv.py`.  It fails due to PyPI lacking a
sufficiently advanced netaddr.  So I applied patch
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/65019/ to my nova/tox.ini, delete my
nova/.venv, and try again.  It fails again, in just the same way
(including the message "Some externally hosted files were ignored (use
--allow-external to allow)").  Why is this patch not solving my problem?

Thanks,
Mike