[openstack-dev] [Neutron][qa]API testing update

Miguel Lavalle miguel at mlavalle.com
Mon Jan 6 18:37:08 UTC 2014

As described in a previous message, the community is focusing efforts in
developing a comprehensive set of API tests in Tempest for Neutron. We are
keeping track of this effort in the "API tests gap analysis" section at
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/icehouse-summit-qa-neutron

These are recent developments in this regard:

1) The gap analysis is complete as of January 5th. The analysis takes into
consideration what already exists in Tempest and what is in the Gerrit
review process
2) Soon there is going to be a "generative" (i.e. non manual) tool to
create negative tests in Tempest. As a consequence, all negative tests
specifications were removed from the gap analysis described in the previous
point

If you are interested in helping in this effort, please go to the etherpad
indicated above and select from the "API tests gap analysis" section the
tests you want to contribute. Please put your name and email address next
to the selected tests. Also, when your code merges, please come back to the
etherpad and update it indicating that your test is done.

If your are new to OpenStack, Neutron or Tempest, implementing tests is an
excellent way to learn an API. We have put together the following guide to
help you get started https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/TempestAPITests