[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Dynamic Meters in Ceilometer

Kodam, Vijayakumar (EXT-Tata Consultancy Ser - FI/Espoo) vijayakumar.kodam.ext at nsn.com
Mon Jan 6 11:52:16 UTC 2014

Changes to the meters or configuration files should reflect immediately without restarting daemons.
One scenario where this feature could be useful is, when Ceilometer is processing several hundreds of meters and operator decides to disable some specific meters without affecting other meters.
In this case, simply changing the meter properties in a configuration file should be enough. There should be an inotify signal which shall notify ceilometer of the changes in the config file. Then ceilometer should automatically update the meters without restarting.

That is the main idea of this blueprint.

Regards,
VijayKumar