[openstack-dev] [infra] Unit tests, gating, and real databases

Ivan Melnikov imelnikov at griddynamics.com
Fri Jan 3 19:17:37 UTC 2014

Hi there,

As far as I understand, slaves that run gate-*-python27 and python26
jobs have MySQL and Postgres servers installed and running so we can
test migrations and do functional testing for database-related code.
I wanted to use this to improve TaskFlow gating, but I failed to find
docs about it and to derive how this database instances should be
used from nova and oslo.db tests code.

Can anyone give some hints or pointers on where should I get
connection config and what can I do with those database servers in
unit and functional tests?

--
WBR,
Ivan A. Melnikov