[openstack-dev] [requirements] - taskflow preventing sqla 0.8 upgrade

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Jan 3 16:37:17 UTC 2014

So taskflow was tested with the version of sqlalchemy that was available and in the requirements at the time of its 0.1 release (taskflow syncs it's requirements from the same global requirements). From what I remember this is the same requirement that everyone else is bound to:

SQLAlchemy>=0.7.8,<=0.7.99

I can unpin it if this is desired (the openstack requirements repo has the same version restriction). What would be recommended here? As more code moves to pypi reusable libraries (oslo.db when it arrives comes to mind) I think this will be hit more often. Let's come up with a good strategy to follow.

Thoughts??

Sent from my really tiny device...