[openstack-dev] [horizon] Javascript checkstyle improvement

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri Jan 3 16:24:04 UTC 2014

On 01/03/2014 03:10 AM, Maxime Vidori wrote:
> Someone said Grunt?

Actually - funny story - we're currently working through some use of
grunt and friends for storyboard, and as a result of that I've been
learning about how it all hangs together. From what I can tell, I think
the path to directly using it in horizon might be a good one to look at
- but it also needs to be done very carefully. Specifically, as you all
know, we do a LOT of work to deal with pip dependencies in the gate. If
we start introducing npm dependencies, we're going to need to do a lot
of infra thinking about how to do that with the same robustness. If we
do though, it could potentially mean we could stop bundling, which would
be neat.

SO -

a) I fully support more jshint for horizon javascript
b) I provisionally support aligning more with current state-of-art
javascript toolchains for the javascript portions of horizon
c) There are MANY unknowns with how to effectively integrate that into a
python-centric workflow.