[openstack-dev] [oslo] Common SSH

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Thu Jan 2 16:13:58 UTC 2014

On 2013-12-30 04:23, Flavio Percoco wrote:
> On 26/12/13 20:05 +0200, Sergey Skripnick wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm surprised there is no common ssh library in oslo so I filed this
>> blueprint[0]. I would be happy to address any comments/suggestions.
>>

>> [0] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oslo/+spec/common-ssh-client
>

> If you think the BP is ready to be reviewed - which I bet you do since
> you already submitted a patch - please, set a target milestone and
> series. That'll make it pop-up into the BPs review process.
>
> Cheers,
> FF

I definitely think this is a good thing (Nova already has a simple
wrapper around Paramiko, for example), but I agree with the comments on
the bp that we should investigate contributing this to paramiko itself.
It seems like something they should be open to, and then we get help
with the maintenance from the experts on that project.

Sergey, can you follow up with the paramiko devs to see what their
feelings are on this?

Thanks.

-Ben