[openstack-dev] [Oslo] Questions about syncing non-imported files

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Fri Feb 28 20:47:30 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 3:35 AM, ChangBo Guo <glongwave at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1)
> I found modules tracked in openstack-common.conf is not consistent with
> actual
> modules in directoy 'openstack/common' in some projects like Nova. I
> drafted a script
> to enforce the check in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/76901/. Maybe
> need more work
> to improve it. Please help review :).

We allow automatic dependency resolution so that projects don't have to
keep up with the imports that occur between the incubated libraries.

> 2)
> Some projects include README ,which is out of date in direcotry
> 'openstack/common'
> like Nova, Cinder. But other projects don't include it. Should we keep the
> file in
> directory 'openstack/common'? or move to other pace or just remove it.

I like the idea of having the README, but agree we should either update or
remove it.

> 3) What kind of module can be recorded in openstack-common.conf ? only
> modules in
> directory openstack/common ? This is an example:
> https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/openstack-common.conf#L17

Some of the tools, like the config sample generator and the test running
scripts, can also be copied out of the incubator. We should leave that
ability in place until those tools graduate to their own libraries.

> 4) We have some useful check scripts in tools, is there any plan and rule
>  sync them to downstream projects ? I would like to be volunteer for this.

I would rather we focus on moving tools like that into installable
packages. I'd be happy to have some help making a list of what those tools
are and what libraries they might move into. If you want to make some notes
in https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Oslo/GraduationStatus that would be a
big help.

Doug