[openstack-dev] [nova] Future of the Nova API

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Fri Feb 28 11:35:36 UTC 2014

I agree with the rest of your posy Jay, but I  think there are some feature parity issues - for example having rescue always return a generated admin password when only some (one ?) Hypervisor supports actually setting the password is an issue.

For some calls (create , rebuild) this can be suppressed by a Conf value (enable_instance_password) but when I tried to get that extended to Rescue in V2 it was blocked as a "would break compatibility - either add an extension or only do it in V3" change.   So clients have to be able to cope with an optional attribute in the response to create/rebuild (because they can't inspect the API to see if the conf value is set), but can't be expected to cope with in the response from rescue apparently ;-(

 Phil