[openstack-dev] [nova][baremetal] Deprovision of bare-metal nodes

Taurus Cheung Taurus.Cheung at harmonicinc.com
Fri Feb 28 08:04:57 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am working on deploying images to bare-metal machines using nova bare-metal. After deployment, I would like to deprovision ("disconnect") bare-metal nodes from OpenStack controller/compute, so these bare-metal nodes can run standalone.

A typical scenario is that I have a workstation with OpenStack controller and nova baremetal compute installed. During bare-metal deployment, I plug the workstation into the network. After deployment, I disconnect it from the network.

Is this use-case typical, possible and without side-effect?

Regards,
Taurus