[openstack-dev] [nova] Future of the Nova API

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 21:13:06 UTC 2014

On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 12:02:45 -0500
Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

> I do think client headers instead of urls have some pragmatic approach
> here that is very attractive. Will definitely need a good chunk of
> plumbing to support that in a sane way in the tree that keeps the
> overhead from a review perspective low.

So as I mentioned before I think I like the idea of microversions
through headers for the core for V3.

However, doing versioning differently for major verisons just for Nova
compared to the rest of openstack has a cost too. And if we get version
discovery used and stop hard coding the version in our endpoints, then
people won't have the version number hard coded into their apps.

Chris