[openstack-dev] [Nova] why force_config_drive is a per comptue node config

yunhong jiang yunhong.jiang at linux.intel.com
Thu Feb 27 19:34:39 UTC 2014

Greeting,
	I have some questions on the force_config_drive configuration options
and hope get some hints.
	a) Why do we want this? Per my understanding, if the user want to use
the config drive, they need specify it in the nova boot. Or is it
because possibly user have no idea of the cloudinit installation in the
image?

	b) even if we want to force config drive, why it's a compute node
config instead of cloud wise config? Compute-node config will have some
migration issue per my understanding.

	Did I missed anything important?

Thanks
--jyh