[openstack-dev] [devstack] Bug in is_*_enabled functions?

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 16:55:38 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Brian Haley <brian.haley at hp.com> wrote:

> Ok, part of this is my kernel background, where true=1 like it should be :)
> So there's a -EUSERERROR there.

Right.  This is Bourne/POSIX shell, forget everything logical. ;)

> That call to 'ip netns exec...' should be:
>
> sudo /usr/local/bin/neutron-rootwrap /etc/neutron/rootwrap.conf ip netns
> exec...
>
> Perhaps there's something up with this test - exercises/floating_ips.sh -
> I'll
> try running it by hand.

There is a problem in two of DevStack's exercises, floating_ips.sh and
volume.sh, where lib/neutron is not set up properly to handle the
ping_check() function calls.  That is what leads to what you see.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/76867/ fixes the problem in the exercises.

As you know, the actual issue is that Q_RR_COMMAND is not set.  Which is
because 'is_service_enabled neutron' check appears to be failing.  Note
that is not the one you found in the logs as the one in question isn't
actually logged.  I've just re-submitted the above review with that logging
turned on.

The changes to is_service_enabled() are (so far) backward-compatible in
that if is_neutron_enabled() is not declared (as is the case now) the old
check in is_service_enabled for 'neutron' should still catch it.  That
happens everywhere else and in the DevStack test scripts, so I'm baffled
and awaiting the current gate check on 76867.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com