[openstack-dev] WSME / Pecan and only supporting JSON?

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Thu Feb 27 13:13:06 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 12:48 AM, Michael Davies <michael at the-davies.net>wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Over in "Ironic Land" we're looking at removing XML support from
> ironic-api (i.e. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1271317)
>
> I've been looking, but I can't seem to find an easy way to modify the
> accepted content_types.
>
> Are there any wsgi / WSME / Pecan experts out there who can point me in
> the right direction?

There's no support for turning off a protocol in WSME right now, but we
could add that if we really need it.

Why would we turn it off, though? The point of dropping XML support in some
of the other projects is that they use toolkits that require extra work to
support it (either coding or maintenance of code we've written elsewhere
for OpenStack). WSME supports both protocols without the API developer
having to do any extra work.

Doug