[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Tuskar] JSON output values from Tuskar API

Dougal Matthews dougal at redhat.com
Thu Feb 27 08:56:40 UTC 2014

On 26/02/14 19:17, Jay Dobies wrote:
> This is a new concept to me in JSON, I've never heard of a wrapper
> element like that being called a namespace.

It's certainly not in the spec AFAIK, but I've seen this approach before
in various places.

> My first impression is that is looks like cruft. If there's nothing else
> at the root of the JSON document besides the namespace, all it means is
> that every time I go to access relevant data I have an extra layer of
> indirection.

+1

> If we ever forsee an aggregate API, I can see some value in it. For
> instance, a single call that aggregates a volume with some relevant
> metrics from ceilometer. In that case, I could see leaving both distinct
> data sets separate at the root with some form of namespace rather than
> attempting to merge the data.

I can see this working well - return a set of raw API responses and
aggregate information under the tuskar namespace. However, I don't
think any other OpenStack services return multiple top level
namespaces. Do we have examples of this?