[openstack-dev] [Mistral] What is the model?

Dmitri Zimine dz at stackstorm.com
Thu Feb 27 01:11:23 UTC 2014

As a learning exercise, I was trying to extract the intend behind the DSL and current code. Giving that many things are still moving, I filled up the blanks with imagination. Here is my understanding on where you are going:

https://docs.google.com/a/stackstorm.com/drawings/d/1qBxrmQ8F7YFlz930zEbHKUxgzc3ty7JrlmoTR5TxQlo/edit

Is it where we are going?
Can we use it to bring us the new team members to your understanding?
Please comment here or right on the document.

Nikolay's recent refactoring seems to be going in this direction : https://review.openstack.org/#/c/75888/

Note: I am not making any points here (yet), I am trying to understand the intention.

Ok, except One point:
We are missing a separation of ActionSpec and ActionData. They have distinct roles. First  - action spec, from Service/actions section - defines the new action declaratively from existing action. Second - action data from Workflow/tasks/task - defines parameters for a particular action instance.