[openstack-dev] [WSME] Dynamic types and POST requests

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 20:34:00 UTC 2014

> So you're not segregating the dynamic part of the API at all from the
> static part?
>
> Doug

No, you're right, at least with API V1 (Flask). As per our discussion, it
seems our use-case hasn't yet been implemented in WSME, so I'll provide a
different way to add extra attributes with API V2 (Pecan/WSME) by using a
single key with JSON-serialized extra attributes as value.

Something like this:
{ 'name': 'foo',
  'extra_capabilities': "{u'fruits':u'bananas',u'vgpus':u'2'}"}

Using that body will allow us to keep WSME validation for extra attributes,
but I would really like having the logic I mentioned within WSME in the
next releases. Do you think this is something manageable some way, or is it
a tricky feature ?

Thanks for your support Doug,
-Sylvain