[openstack-dev] setting up 1-node devstack + ml2 + vxlan

Varadhan, Sowmini sowmini.varadhan at hp.com
Wed Feb 26 17:44:05 UTC 2014

On 2/26/14 5:47 AM, Mathieu Rohon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FYI setting the vxlan UDP doesn't work properly for the moment :
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1241561

So I checked this again by going back to 13.10, still no luck.

> May be your kernel has the vxlan module already loaded, which bind the
> udp port 8472. that a reason why the vxlan port can't be created by
> ovs. Check your ovs-vswitchd.log

Yes vxlan is loaded (as indicated by lsmod) but I didnt
see any messages around 8472 in the ovs-vswitchd.log, so it must
be something else in my config. To double check, I even tried some
other port (8474) for vxlan_udp_port, still no luck.

So is there a template stack.sh around for this? That would
help me elminate the obvious config errors I may have made?

--Sowmini