[openstack-dev] New Websockify Release

Solly Ross sross at redhat.com
Wed Feb 26 16:55:25 UTC 2014

Greetings!

We (the websockify/noVNC team) have released a new version of websockify (0.6.0).  It contains several fixes and features relating to OpenStack (a couple of bugs were fixed, and native support for the `logging` module was added).  Unfortunately, to integrate it into OpenStack, a patch is needed to the websocketproxy code in Nova (https://gist.github.com/DirectXMan12/9233369) due to a refactoring of the websockify API.  My concern is that the various distos most likely have not had time to update the package in their package repositories.  What is the appropriate timescale for updating Nova to work with the new version?

Best Regards,
Solly Ross