[openstack-dev] [Mistral] Defining term DSL

Dmitri Zimine dz at stackstorm.com
Wed Feb 26 15:54:45 UTC 2014

We do use the term DSL, I invite you guys to clarify, how exactly.

Based on the terminology from [1], it's not part of the model, but the language that describes the model in the file. And theoretically this may be not the only language to express the workflow. Once the file is parsed, we operate on model, not on the language.

I am afraid we are breaking an abstraction when begin to call things DSLWorkbook or DSLWorkflow. What is the difference between Workbook and DSLWorkbook, and how DSL is relevant here?

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Mistral,