[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Infra] [Neutron][third-party-testing] Third Party Test setup and details

Sukhdev Kapur sukhdevkapur at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 15:41:26 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 4:12 AM, trinath.somanchi at freescale.com <
trinath.somanchi at freescale.com> wrote:

>  Hi Sukhdev-
>

> Really a good document to go with.
>

> In the ‘System flow’ section of the document, where do this testRunner
> script come from ??

This is a very simple python script that we wrote - all it does it executes
the steps/actions described in the system flow.
As an example, here is one of the functions that it invokes to prepare for
testing.

def sanitize( nodeType, repoDict, branchDict, aristaConfig=None ):

   unstack()
   cleanstack()
   removeDevstack()
   downloadDevstack( branchDict )

   print "Devstack downloaded"
   serviceHost = 'localhost'
   if nodeType != TEMPEST_CONTROLLER:
      serviceHost = determineServiceHost( socket.gethostname() )

   if aristaConfig:
      generateAristaConfig( aristaConfig )

   generateLocalrc( nodeType, serviceHost, repoDict, branchDict,
aristaConfig )
   generateLocalConf()
   return stack()

> And the below actions are specified to be run with the testRunner script.
>

> Can you elaborate that part.
>

> Also, I’m looking into the document in a way to setup a CI. Will this help
> me in this regard.

Follow the steps on the link provided in the document to install Jenkin's
Gerrit plugin. Once you install Jenkins, just follow the configuration
steps I describe, including installing the modified gerrit plugin.. If you
have any issue, post it here, this will help me modify the document to make
it more useful for others to follow.

best of luck