[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer][SUSE] SUSE OpenStack Havana distribution is different with upstream

Vincent Untz vuntz at suse.com
Wed Feb 26 12:58:21 UTC 2014

Hi,

Le mercredi 26 février 2014, à 17:20 +0800, ZhiQiang Fan a écrit :
> Hi, SUSE OpenStack developers,
>
> After install OpenStack Havana on SLES 11 SP3 following the
> openstack-manuals' guide, I find that the
> ceilometer/storage/impl_sqlalchemy.py has implemented the metaquey
> functionality. However, the upstream, which means
> github.com/openstack/ceilometer stable/havana branch doesn't implement that
> feature yet.
>
> the ceilometer package version is 2013.2.2.dev13
>
> Here is my questions:
>
> 1. is this intent or just a mistake during package?
>     if it is intent, where can I get the distribution release notes?

You can see the package at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Cloud:OpenStack:Havana/openstack-ceilometer

I think this is added because of the
0001-enable-sql-metadata-query.patch patch (you can get some notes about
history in the openstack-ceilometer.changes file)

> 2. is this the only part which is different with community, or there are
> other parts?
>     if it is not the only part, where can I get the whole diff note?

See link above :-) Generally, the only "differences" are backports from
Icehouse.

> 3. where can I get help and how, if there is a bug in the different part
> code?
>     actually, there is one, which caused by mysql foreign key, blocks
> entire ceilometer-collector service.

Feel free to get in touch with opensuse-cloud at opensuse.org, since this
is where the packaging for OpenStack is discussed for openSUSE and SLES.

(btw, with the build service, you can contribute any change you want to
the package)

Cheers,

Vincent

> This problem is really important (and a bit urgent), please help me.
>
> Thanks

Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.