[openstack-dev] [Neutron] "DOWN" and "INACTIVE" status in FWaaS and LBaaS

Oleg Bondarev obondarev at mirantis.com
Wed Feb 26 10:43:25 UTC 2014

Hi,

For LBaaS the background is simple: it uses statuses from
neutron/plugins/common/constants.py and INACTIVE was there initially while
DOWN
appeared later (with VPNaaS first commit). So LBaaS doesn't use DOWN at all.
As for INACTIVE, it is currently used only for members that stop responding
to health checks.
Also there is a patch on review (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/55032)
which sets INACTIVE
status for resources with admin state down.

My personal opinion is that we can easily fix that for LBaaS and replace
INACTIVE with DOWN
to be consistent with other network resources.

Thanks,
Oleg