[openstack-dev] [Neutron] "DOWN" and "INACTIVE" status in FWaaS and LBaaS

Xuhan Peng pengxuhan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 09:50:17 UTC 2014

Hello,

This email is triggered by the comments I received in my patch [1] when
trying to fix bug [2].

The problem I was trying to fix is that current firewall remains in status
"ACTIVE" after admin state is changed to "DOWN". My plan is to change the
status of firewall from ACTIVE to DOWN when admin state is down, as other
network resource is doing currently.

But I noticed besides "DOWN" state, "INACTIVE" state is also used in FWaaS
and LBaaS. So I hope someone can help me understand any background of this.
If this is not particularly by design and inconsistent with other network
resource, I can open a bug to fix this in FWaaS and LBaaS.

Thanks,
Xu Han

[1]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/73944/
[2]: https://launchpad.net/bugs/1279213