[openstack-dev] [nova] [glance] [heat] bug 1203680 - fix requires doc

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 26 06:53:34 UTC 2014

(I added some tags in the subject line, probably should have been there
from the start.)

Thanks guys, for an informative discussion.  I have updated
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Gerrit_Workflow and
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Testing to incorporate what I have
learned.

Like Ben I know of no more greased path from update to integration testing
than git pull and manually recycle the right processes.  If there is
something better, please let us know.

But I still do not detect consensus on what to do about bug 1203680.  It
looks like Sean thinks the fix is just wrong, but I'm not hearing much
about what a good fix would look like.  As best I can tell, it would
involve wrapping tox in a script that recapitulates the system package
install logic from DevStack (I know of no other scripting for installing
needed system packages).

Thanks,
Mike