[openstack-dev] [OpenStack][Runtime Policy] A proposal for OpenStack run time policy to manage compute/storage resource

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 23:58:07 UTC 2014

Hi Jay,

Currently, the Nova scheduler only acts upon user request (either live
migration or boot an instance). IMHO, that's something Gantt should scope
later on (or at least there could be some space within the Scheduler) so
that Scheduler would be responsible for managing resources on a dynamic way.

I'm thinking of the Pets vs. Cattles analogy, and I definitely think that
Compute resources could be treated like Pets, provided the Scheduler does a
move.

-Sylvain