[openstack-dev] [nova] Future of the Nova API

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Tue Feb 25 22:47:16 UTC 2014

> Yeah, so objects is the big one here.

Objects, and everything else. With no-db-compute we did it for a couple
cycles, then objects, next it will be retooling flows to conductor, then
dealing with tasks, talking to gantt, etc. It's not going to end any
time soon.

> So what kind of reaction are the Keystone people getting to that?  Do
> they plan on removing their V2 API at some point?  Or just maintain it
> with bug fixes forever?

Yep, that would be good data. We also need to factor in the relative
deployment scale of nova installations vs. keystone installations in the
world (AFAIK, RAX doesn't use keystone for example).

--Dan