[openstack-dev] setting up 1-node devstack + ml2 + vxlan

Varadhan, Sowmini sowmini.varadhan at hp.com
Tue Feb 25 21:08:29 UTC 2014

Folks,

I'm trying to set up a simple single-node devstack + ml2 + vxlan
combination, and though this ought to be a simple RTFM exercise,
I'm having some trouble setting this up. Perhaps I'm doing something
wrong- clues would be welcome.

I made sure to use ovs_version 1.10.2, and followed
the instructions in https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Neutron/ML2
(and then some, based on various and sundry blogs that google found)

Can someone share (all) the contents of their localrc,
and if possible, a description of their VM (virtualbox?  qemu-kvm?)
setup so that I can compare against my env?

FWIW, I tried the attached configs.
localrc.all - sets up
    Q_PLUGIN=ml2
    Q_ML2_TENANT_NETWORK_TYPE=vxlan
    Q_AGENT_EXTRA_AGENT_OPTS=(tunnel_type=vxlan vxlan_udp_port=8472)
    Q_SRV_EXTRA_OPTS=(tenant_network_type=vxlan)
Resulting VM boots, but no vxlan interfaces show up (see ovs-ctl.out.all)

localrc.vxlan.only - disallow anything other than vxlan and gre.
VM does not boot- I get a "binding_failed" error. See ovs-ctl.out.vxlan.only

Thanks in advance,
Sowmini