[openstack-dev] [Climate] Lease by tenants feature design

Dina Belova dbelova at mirantis.com
Tue Feb 25 16:42:49 UTC 2014

Ok, so

>>> I'm just asking why we should hack Keystone workflow by adding an hook,
like we did for Nova. From my POV, that's not worth it.

Idea was about some extra specs, that will be processed by Climate anyway.
Keystone will know nothing about reservations or smth.

>>> I think it should be a Climate "policy" (be careful, the name is
confusing) : if admin wants to grant any new project for reservations, he
should place a call to Climate. That's up to Climate-Nova (ie. Nova
extension) to query Climate in order to see if project has been granted or
not.

Now I think that it'll be better, yes.
I see some workflow like:

1) Mark project as reservable in Climate
2) When some resource is created (like Nova instance) it should be checked
(in the API extensions, for example) via Climate if project is reservable.
If is, and there is no special reservation flags passed, it should be used
default_reservation stuff for this instance

Sylvain, is that ira you're talking about?

Dina

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 7:53 PM, Sylvain Bauza <sylvain.bauza at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Why should it require to be part of Keystone to hook up on Climate ?
>>

>> Sorry, can't get your point.
>>

> I'm just asking why we should hack Keystone workflow by adding an hook,
> like we did for Nova. From my POV, that's not worth it.
>

>> Provided we consider some projects as 'reservable', we could say this
>>> should be a Climate API endpoint like CRUD /project/ and up to the admin
>>> responsability to populate it.
>>> If we say that new projects should automatically be 'reservable', that's
>>> only policy from Climate to whiteboard these.
>>

>> So you propose to make some API requests to Climate (like for hosts) and
>> mark some already existing projects as reserved. But how we'll automate
>> process of some resource reservation belonging to that tenant? Or do you
>> propose still to add some checkings to, for example, climate-nova
>> extensions to check this somehow there?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> I think it should be a Climate "policy" (be careful, the name is
> confusing) : if admin wants to grant any new project for reservations, he
> should place a call to Climate. That's up to Climate-Nova (ie. Nova
> extension) to query Climate in order to see if project has been granted or
> not.
>
> Conceptually, this 'reservation' information is tied to Climate and should
> not be present within the projects.
>
> -Sylvain

Best regards,

Dina Belova