[openstack-dev] [Nova][VMWare] VMware VM snapshot

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Tue Feb 25 10:40:28 UTC 2014

On 25 February 2014 09:27, Qin Zhao <chaochin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One simple question about VCenter driver. I feel the VM snapshot function of
> VCenter is very useful and is loved by VCenter users. Does anybody think
> about to let VCenter driver support it?

It depends if that can be modelled well with the current
Nova/Cinder/Glance primitives.

If you do boot from volume, and you see the volume snapshots, and they
behave how cinder expects, and you can model that snapshot as an image
in glance that you can boot new instances from, then maybe it would
work just fine. But we need to take care not to bend the current API
primitives too far out of place.

I remember there being some talk about this at the last summit. How did that go?

John