[openstack-dev] [Neutron]Do you think tanent_id should be verified

Dong Liu willowd878 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 03:25:50 UTC 2014

Thanks Jay, now I know maybe neutron will not handle tenant
creating/deleting notifications which from keystone.

There is another question, such as creating subnet request body:
{
   "subnet": {
     "name": "test_subnet",
     "enable_dhcp": true,
     "network_id": "57596b26-080d-4802-8cce-4318b7e543d5",
     "ip_version": 4,
     "cidr": "10.0.0.0/24",
     "tenant_id": "4209c294d1bb4c36acdfaa885075e0f1"
   }
}
As we know, the tenant_id can only be specified by admin tenant.

In my test, the tenant_id I filled in the body can be any string (e.g.,
a name, an uuid, etc.) But I think this tenant existence (I mean if the
tenant exists in keystone) should be verified, if not, the subnet I
created will be an useless resource.

Regards,
Dong Liu